Tuesday, March 9, 2010

White Noise


Early on in life, my dad realized that white noise was a huge help to me when I was trying to fall asleep.

It might have been elementary school or middle school when we discovered this. Before then, it took me forever to fall asleep. It still does sometimes. I could hear every bump in the house and my mind was constantly wandering.

One of my first CD's was one he made by looping ocean sounds. It would play and I would sleep. My parents have purchased me a few lullaby CD's which I still listen to all the time. They show up as having been played a couple hundred times on iTunes.

One of my favourites is The Living Room Sessions by Chris Rice. It's just piano hymns. Now, I even play it when I do tests at school, if the teacher allows. When I play it, my brain knows that it can calm down.

I also enjoy Lullaby by Jullian Lloyd Webber and Disney's Lullaby Album by Fred Mullen. For rough nights, I call in Twila Paris with Bedtime Prayers.

When I do homework I listen to the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack or the one for Find Neverland. There are a few other tunes I use to get homework done but those are some pretty prominant ones.

It is especially homework when I'm reading for school. Any little noise can set me off, distracting me. With the white noise and meds, I can plow through an entire history chapter. What a feeling of accomplishment that brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails