Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee



We had a hymn sing at our house the other day for my grandparents. A hymn sing is pretty much where a bunch of folks gather with hymnals. Then people request songs and everyone sings them together. I was the only person there under 50. I think we had a pretty marvelous time.

I like trying to imagine a modern day version of this. A bunch of teens gather in a club and take turns requesting songs off a list of tops songs of the day. Then the person on stage, who is capable of playing all of the songs on the list, starts playing and the crowd sings along. And it goes on like that for a few hours.

I wish hymns were sang more often. They are moving. They are true. They are honest. Not saying the newer worship songs aren't that - there's just something special about singing a hymn.

Here are the words from one of my favourites:

Because He lives I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives.


So true.
-----------------
How Does This Relate to SPD/ADHD?

Strangers at my house? This made me want to hide in my bedroom and not come out. Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails