Monday, June 21, 2010

Camping For Champions



Went camping this weekend.

The little green tent, my tent, makes me ever so happy. At three pounds, it's lighter than the backpack I take to school each day.

I was in the company of my friend Alex and Jennifer and Jennifer's family and friends.

It was beyond my bedtime, although not too late, and we finally decided it was time to go to bed. I had already set up my tent but Melinda, Jennifer's mom, asked me if I was sure I didn't want to sleep in the RV. They had room.

"Nah. I'm ok. I like sleeping in tents."

I made my way to my tent.
Zip. Open.
Zip. Closed.

And I laid down.

Hearing just the wind - that was worth the long journey to Banks Lake, where we were staying.

Then I heard a tip tapping which turned to tribbling which zolomphed into a steady drumming. On my tent.

Rain. Rain.

The wind picked up and sounded mighty strong. Yet I was safe, content, and dry in my tent.

The next morning, all was well. It was still raining and I was still dry as ever.

What a feeling! To wake up in a dry tent when it is raining outside.

I was ever so pleased just to lay there. I like that tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails