Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer School Child


I am going to continue on with my education this summer.

That's right.

Summer Quarter 2010 - I'm enrolled.

Since the fall, I've lagged behind my classmates in credits. I was in Switzerland September to November so I only did one class online. Winter I did two classes. Spring I did three.

I am stoked. Honestly am. I do really well with routine and structure and going to school during the summer will help with that. My parentals gave me the option of going to school or getting a job. I don't mind school and decided it would be good to get some more classes taken care of.

One class that has my excitement is Sustainable Gardening/Horticulture. Here's the class description:

This lab science course teaches environmentally responsible gardening practices and landscaping. Content includes plant identification, plant anatomy, soils, fertilizers/composting, integrated pest management, and water conservation.

Bet you wish you were in that class.

Lab science means hands on - I'm game.

I also know that with this class, we actually get to work in our new community-campus garden. It's beautiful! And we're donating the food to shelters.

Might also be taking English and some other class. Maybe. It's summer, though, and there's no need to strain myself.

Picture Note: This was the one teacher I never really got along with. She was our substitute. I feel a bit bad. See, I hadn't taken my meds that day so I was quite impulsive.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure you will do wonderfully in that class -- and great self advocating to know you need routine. :)

    Good luck!
    Hartley
    www.hartleysboys.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sustainable agriculture class does sound like something I'd enjoy. We have a wonderful conservatory here in Pittsburgh (Phipps) and I would like to take their sustainable agriculture classes. I always put it off, though.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails