Monday, July 12, 2010

Ceart Gu Leòr



That's a lot of bagpipers. A whole lot.
Couple hundred lot.

This Saturday I was honoured to participate in the 16th Annual Skagit Valley Highland Games.

Around 10,000 people came from around the area (Canada, Oregon, Washington, and beyond) to experience the culture of Scotland. Pipes, highland dancing, celtic music, the highland games (e.g. caber toss), sheep hearding, and the clans were enjoyed.

There will be a whole lot more on this day a bit later.

This shot (above) was from when the Mass Pipe Band played. All the bands that had competed played together. Here's a vid I got of them playing Amazing Grace:

2 comments:

  1. I grew up in South London - not very well known for it's bagpipes, but the Boys Brigade at my church had a bagpipe band, so bagpipes always make me think of home.

    Kiwifruit83(swapbot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! I went to a Scottish festival last year and got to see the highland games in person as well. It was a very interesting sight to see men in kilts do the caber toss.

    Jojoanna from swapbot
    "im a blogger, follow me" swap

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails