Friday, July 30, 2010

The Life of a Medicated Child


Hello cute little medication holder thing.

I used to have a smaller one but it was, well, too small. I spent over 30 minutes, one day, trying to fit all my meds in there.

I'm lucky to have all sorts of pretty pills I get to pop in myself. Luckily, only one is prescription - the rest are just supplements that my psychiatrist says will help me with different things. I just got one to help with my trich! I don't see the psych-man for mental problems in a sense that we talk a lot. I just have to see him each time I need a refill for my ADHD-meds because of some law. I don't mind. He has a rad basket of treats.

I was talking to him and he said I'm doing really well, especially considering what I've got going on with my body. One thing he was "impressed" with was my awareness of self. I know the tendencies of my body with and without my medications. I know that when I take my meds I'm more reserved and without them, well, I just jump out there at the world and think everyone is my friend.

6 comments:

  1. I've been going back and forth on the med debate for myself. I'm bi-polar as is my brother. He went on Lithium and about five other medications and whoa. He was an entirely different person. Went off Lithium and two of the other drugs and he's back to normal. Now I have to decide for myself. I've had bad luck with birth control so will my luck be the same if I medicate for my bi-polar disorder? I don't want to become someone I'm not. It's nice to see someone who can tell when their body is behaving right or what is normal for you when on and off medication. That must help so much.

    I hope I get a doctor as cool as yours :-)

    Dani aka Doodlebabe (swap-bot blogger swap)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! I'm on a lot of medications as well, mostly for allergies and asthma, but I hate taking them! I know I should, but I often don't.

    JessterRoux @ Swap-Bot, Blog Me Baby swap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt like the meds I was on for bi-polar took away my happy times and make everything so dark! :(

    ~ANKH (pumpkinniki on SB)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I'm a teacher and we have some kids on medication.
    teemnis from SB, blog me baby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a very honest blog post, thankyou for sharing.

    bluefeather
    Blog Me Baby Swap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wolfeagle says: I wonder if medications were given to us for free, would doctors prescribe more or less, without the big money of drug companies behind them? I'm so glad you have the right meds and right dose, and a good doctor to help along the way.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails