Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Moon Tea



Nothing says summer like a jar of moon tea.

"You mean sun tea, Maggie?"

No sir! Sun tea has too many bacteria risks (apparently). So I like to make my tea by either brewing it over night (starting with boiling water - kills bad stuff) either out on the porch or in the refridgerator.

This is the perfect opportunity to experiment with tea bags. Lemon plus green? Hazlenut plus chai?

My favourite is two bags peppermit tea to one bag ginger, shown in the picture.

Definitly one of my favourite ways to start a summer day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow my cousin & her mom make sun tea all the time. They place it out before going to work. I prefer to make mine on the stove or in the microwave. I will have to tell them about the bacteria factor. Thanks for the heads up!! Thanks for joining my swap :)

    QueenQuisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am "HisTechnoAngel" from the Swap-Bot Blogger swap. My mom used to make sun tea a lot when I was little and I never liked it! I wonder if that's why. I'll have to try "moon tea" and pass the info along to my mom as well! By the way, beautiful blog and pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails