Saturday, January 8, 2011

18.9 Miles



Lately, I've been trying to starting using the bicycle more and more as my main means of transportation.

Yesterday I had to get from my college to the School of Acrobatics and New Circus Arts (SANCA). With the bus it would have taken around an hour and a half. Driving? 46 minutes. I rode my bicycle.

I chose to ride because it is, for the most part, downhill.

True, there are some hills to climb, but it's not bad. In fact, here you go, have a visual:

See, it's rather friendly. In total, I ended up climbing around 350 feet of elevation over the ride. For me to just get home from sea level (which is what the bike trail is at) is 250 feet over a mile, so hills are something I can handle.

I do have to say, though, it was a longer ride than I had realized it would be. I was content, though, and very satisfied, riding along. I was joyful, in fact. I love singing on my bike as I whiz down streets and pass cars that are stuck in traffic.

This path took me through downtown Seattle. I had never ridden in the city before but found out is something I very much so enjoy. Is it dangerous? Excessively. But I love it for the challenges, the hills (if you haven't seen the hills of Seattle, you haven't lived) and the fact I had to be clued in to everything at once. Focused in. Focused and riding. It was like a video game in real life.

I would say it was a very successful trip and, chances are, I'll do it again next week for kicks.

I like bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails