Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just A Bit Older Than You



After I graduated, instead of going to a college in which my social circle was a bunch of clueless freshman who thought they were on some great path of independence, I went to Switzerland to be an au pair.

The company, the friendships I found there were refreshing. Wonderful.

And everyone was older.

It seemed like the majority of friends I found had already graduated from college and were on their way with life.

These people I came to love.

23-29 year olds. God bless them.

And then I came back to America.

And my favourite people are still the 23-29 year olds.

Those are the folks I feel most comfortable with. I enjoy their conversations more. I enjoy their company more. I like hearing them talk now that they're on their way in life and have usually specialized in something by then and, therefore, know much about it. Kaci --> art/photography. I'm forgetting other examples, but they're there.

There are a few exceptions to this, of course, but those folks jump out to me right away. Folks like Joelle, Eric, Sarah, Christian, Angel, and Nicole.

It's not that I loath my age group - I just prefer being with those who are on their way with life and have made it through the education-barrier.

1 comment:

  1. http://media02.hongkiat.com/baby_photography/funny-baby-photography.jpg


    i wanted to send you this baby.

    but i see you have taken a leave of absence from facebook.

    i am sending you a package soon... I have been compiling it for almost a year.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails