Thursday, February 3, 2011

SPD Checklist: #1 Eating Myself, Background Noises, Tuned In



As I said I would do, I'm going through the SPD Checklist bit by bit and writing up on some of my reflections. It's bit of an overwhelming task because I either think, "Oi, I've got all of these," or else, "Doesn't everyone?"

I know that each individual one doesn't just mean - bang - SPD. But putting the extensive list together paints a broader picture of who I am.

Bites lips or inside of cheeks.
Haha. Do I? Do I eat myself?

This is embarrassing, but, yes, I have this problem. I am very, very frequently biting off the skin that's in my mouth.

I don't know how to stop. I just have to do it. It doesn't feel right in there...

Yep...

Difficulty concentrating on or watching a movie/tv show when there is background noise or distractions.

I just can't tune out those other noises.
'cept when I am super-zoned in.

Become engrossed in one single activity for a long time and seems to tune out the rest of their environment.

This'll be my downfall. When I tune in, well, everything else can be tuned out. Mainly time. Time goes away. Responsibility goes away.

2 comments:

  1. I went down that checklist - holy cow. What would it be like to be "normal"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bite/chew the insides of my mouth as well. Oftentimes my cheeks are almost scarred from it. The so called scarring (can't think of another way to put it) goes away if I leave them alone for a few days (really hard). I can watch tv/movies with other noise going on, but I watch it much louder than most people. I have a hard time hearing things sometimes (perfect hearing, but I've got some auditory processing problems). I also get VERY tuned in...I could spend the entire day reading blogs and do nothing else. Thanks for sharing, it's always interesting to hear about other people's experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails