Thursday, May 5, 2011

3/6th of Nights at Home and Med-Less Attempts


I’m sitting, or was sitting, at the computer trying to read my economics homework.
Traditionally, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has evaluated the effects that proposed changes in taxes and spending have on the deficit under the assumption that the changes do not affect real GDP.”

I read that sentence eight times and it has yet to stick to my brain.

Oh, the charming reminder of life without medication. I don’t know how it does it, but with my meds, my mind calms down and can actually process blocks of text. But without them, well, I don’t get very far. I’m not going to say, “I can’t do it,” because that sounds weak, but at this point I have no motivation to try and get this assignment done when I know I can do it later in one fourth of the time it would take me now.

I forgot that I hadn’t taken my meds until now – so what did that look like during my day?

I was spinning a lot in badminton class. Hit the birdy. Spin. Hit. Spin. Clogging. Hit. As usual, I laughed a lot. It was very, very amusing.

Economic class wasn’t too bad. I like it enough that my brain can sometimes hyper-focus on it without the aid of anything. I was able to follow along with only a small handful of daydreams where I would realize I didn’t know what was going on. Snap! Concentrate Margaret! FOCUS! Back to note taking. I am a serious note taker. It's how the information actually makes it into my brain.

Good news! My economics professor said I could take an exam a day later. He announced today that the test was Tuesday and I already knew that wouldn’t float well. Today I’m booked till tonight where I go straight to nannying and straight from that to dancing and straight from that to a solid weekend with Monica. Monday I’m gone starting at 8 till 10 at night with no breaks to get anything done. This meant that I wouldn’t have time to study for or even rest up for the test. I love how accommodating professors are. Now I can actually perform my best on the test.

I’m quite glad I got almost all of my homework through Tuesday completed yesterday. That means I don’t have anything to worry about Friday through Sunday and can relax and have an delightful weekend.

My sleeping-location has been odd lately.

Saturday Night – Home

Sunday Night – Cupcake Manor

Monday Night – Home

Tuesday Night – Nicole’s

Wednesday Night – Home

Thursday Night – Solhaug’s

Friday Night – One of four locations

Saturday Night – Home, I think…

I still aim for 8 hours of sleep a night, though. Can’t always get it, but can usually get close.


I know I haven't written in a while. I don't know that anyone cares. I think it's because I used to do most of my blogging late at night and I've been avoiding late nights. Overall it does me well. See, I have lots of ideas in here that need getting out but I realized that people I know might be reading this so I've been avoiding vomiting the words out here but then I realized that most likely no one is reading at all (I can ignore statistics) and no one cares and the people who do care, well, they are the ones that might as well hear that which I would hesitate to say.

1 comment:

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails