Friday, July 22, 2011

The Origins of This Blog's Name: The Haiku That Started It

The term, "Run away Maggie May" originated, for me, on Tuesday, 07 October 2008 at 21:34. I was writing haikus.

Here's the one I had written.


Never have settled
Since I was smaller than now.
Run away Maggie.

The first time I wrote out those words.

Can't say much has changed since then. I still desire, greatly, to get a van or RV and live out of that. I don't want a house. I don't want an apartment. I want a little cozy place without owning lots of stuff. And I want to connect with people.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting my blog today and leaving such a kind comment. My husband is Swiss -- I'm wondering how you found me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for leaving a comment on my applesauce post at THH.

    This post made me think about my life many years ago. I always wondered if I was running away or running to - it changed on different days. But, whether I was literally running, or just figuratively doing so, I did relish the lifestyle most of the time. I worked on a cruise ship, traveled to many countries, volunteered, etc.

    I wish you the best with all your travels and explorations (literal and otherwise.)

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails