Thursday, August 18, 2011

College Thinking

My two years of community college are coming to a wrap-up soon.

I'm taking this autumn quarter off (don't worry, I spent all summer quarter studying).

I'll return in the winter to close it up... and that means I need to decide which finals classes I will take that will determine what certifications/degrees I will receive as a result of my studies.

I could get a DTA or an AA.

A DTA (direct transfer agreement) means that my community college has worked out an agreement with the universities in the area that I can enter their school at junior status if I've met certain requirements and taken the right classes.

Economics? Sociology?

I've been waiting for the gut-feeling to come - or even the desire to get that four year degree.

It has yet to come.

So now I'm trying to decide what I ought to do...
And I've got until mid-December to start being decisive.

Unless I put it all off and wait even further.

As of now, I'm leaning towards waiting even further and following the plan I had way back in 2009 as I was graduating high school. It would mean putting off the degree - which means it will cost more in the long run. Right now I'm praying a lot about it. Should I follow my heart to serve or press on and get that two-year degree.

I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Taking things at my own, usually hurried, pace is something I struggle with. I think you're doing the right thing. Just wait and pray, and wait..


Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails