Monday, August 29, 2011

They're Just Like Me // Same Impulse Control Disorder In The Car


I was in the car the other day with two lovely mates of mine the other day when something came up - something about something and it made me think of the something I have.

A specific impulse control disorder that I can't get myself to talk about on this blog or with 99% of my acquaintances.

Things like SPD and ADHD are easy. But this one, it's just, well, weird.

But I mentioned the name of what I had.

One girl she said she had it.
She meant it.
I said I had it.
The third girl said she had it!
We all had the exact same thing.
3/3

And I didn't feel alone. I know that sounds horrifically cliché - but this is something to me. This is something that affects me daily and I don't have anyone to talk about it with.

For the first time, I had a discussion about it with friends.... and they understood! They knew exactly what I was going through, what I felt, and it was. They got every little bit about it.

Being able to talk about it felt, well, it felt really good.

And made me realize and think about how many people I encounter each day are going through what I am going through. How many out there can relate?

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should talk about it, maybe I have it too :)

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails