Saturday, September 10, 2011

Climbing the Radio Tower


Papa Bear finally let me climb the radio tower.
Finally.

And for the first time in my life I was enabled to climb up, raising new heights, until I felt as if my limbs could climb no more. Straight up into the air. No curves. No surprises.

Rea
ch
up.
Cla
sp.
Pull.
Dou
ble
step.
Dou
ble
sure.
No
safety
harness.
Trusting my
own two hands.

I felt freedom in clinging to the tall, sharp, angular piece of metal pointing its way from the dirt to the clouds.

Waves of relaxed fear came from shaking the beast with my own weight. Using my mere 114 lbs to make it warble and quake.

Oh! What a wonder life is high in the skye!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love that first picture! It makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails