Sunday, October 9, 2011

the Sitting-And-Waiting-On-A-Bench Game // Vancouver Edition

Miguel and his girlfriend at the Vancouver Public Library

Twice a week, at L'Abri, we are given the day off to go and explore or at least break routine in some way.

It was my first Thursday and my inner-introvert combined with my inner-wanderer got up the desire to head over to Vancouver, BC on my ownsome.

A short ferry trip combined with a long bus ride and I found myself in the 8th largest city in Canada (following Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, Mississauga, and Winnipeg), but the most densely populated of all the cities.

With such a city (still smaller than Seattle) the chances of running into one of the few people I know was not to be expected, but I decided to play a lovely game.

The game?

Sit on a bench and see how long it takes for someone I know to walk by.

I even picked an inside bench.
Got out a sandwich.
And waited.


The verdict? Answer to the game? How long does it take?


Less time than it takes to eat a sandwich.


In around 7 minutes, my friend Miguel walked by.


Miguel? Who's that?

Miguel is a lovely boy from Columbia, I believe, who I met in Switzerland back in 2007.


What a fine game I have discovered.
It's always lovely knowing wherever I'll go, I can always find a friend.

1 comment:

  1. My friends say I have a problem with running into people in public. I am referring them to you.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails