Monday, November 28, 2011

Tractor Tavern


Finally. 21 years old in the States.

It was back in 2010 that I first was introduced into the old time Seattle scene and was re-discouraged by my age. By not being 21, dozens of doors were closed off to me and there were events I missed out on.

I've been back in the states since the 23rd, but tonight was the first time my age came in handy.

The Tractor Tavern has been on my mind for a while now. I've wanted to go to the Monday night square dances I have so often heard about - but they're 21 and over only. On Mondays, the Tavern packs full of hot sweaty (literally) Seattleites whirling around to the basic calls of not modern Western (what I was raised on) square dancing but the traditional stuff. The dances you can teach in a few minutes and start the music up.

It's a completely different world from the square dancing I was raised on, but I love it all the same. I have to say, I think it has a whole lot more heart, soul, and joy to it then modern Western. When I go to this dance, everyone is laughing and grinning, can't say the same for the other type.


Alex got me a cup of Hales Troll Porter, brewed locally just 1.1 miles down the road. I can't say I have the proper vocabulary to describe the taste -- but I can say it was incredibly refreshing.

We were about to drive past Ian's Big Yellow House so we met up with him at Dick's which was wonderful! I love my brother so much!

Definitely a wonderful night. Definitely will be back.

I love twirling, spinning, clashing, getting extra sweaty and then going outside into the 3°C air.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails