Friday, December 2, 2011

Strawberry Jam


A highlight of being back home is the music.
Especially with this kid, Brent.

Songs can easily last half an hour long with musical themes that come and go without any chance of ever being remembered.

Brent will start of any song. He'll lay out some chords, set the tone, the mood, and when  I feel something in my head, I just let it come out through the cello.

From there, were play back and form with our instruments. I might hear something I like that he's played and I'll latch onto it and start playing. Then I know he's listening when he'll add something I've started to hill piano playing.

Two person jam sessions are my favourite. Just listen to the other person, focus on what they're playing, and play something back that sounds good with it.

Brent is also one of the best folks out there for when I come back from anywhere. He doesn't wait for me to tell him I'm home, which is rad. I'm glad that he's back in Seattle now.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by to comment on the post I just wrote at THH. As I clicked over here and started wandering backwards through your recent posts I smiled at how you are documenting your life and thoughts. What a gift to yourself and to those who welcome its sharing your blog is. Likewise, should you ever be blessed (and challenged!) by motherhood, what you write here will be a gift to your children. Keep being so full of life and honesty. Blessings to you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails