Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Dangers of Drinking Pop vs. Hitchhiking.


It was a family shopping trip (sort of) and I was all set with spinach, kefir, and coconut water. For the third time, I had lost my family (the parentals kept scattering each time I took a moment to compare the cost per pint of a product) and was wandering the aisles looking for them.

Then, there they were in the chip and pop aisle.
The aisle of evil!

I'll be frank with you - I hate pop. Out of all the research I've done on it, it's vicious evil stuff that will destroy you! A bit of an overreaction, yes, but I still feel passionate about folks not drinking pop. If you want some fizz, grab some kombucha.

And there they were, getting four HUGE things of it.
(yes, I acknowledge they don't guzzle it - but to me that's irrelevant in this situation where I feel none of that stuff should pass your lips)

And I love these people so much. I don't want them drinking that crap.

I begged them not to buy it. I pleaded. I reasoned.
I got wound up.
They got wound up.

Midst the mid-aisle debate, they justified drinking pop by saying...

I do dangerous things too - like hitchhiking. How can I say they shouldn't drink pop when I hitchhike?


It was along those lines.

I want to sneak out at night, to their stash (we don't keep it in the house), and pour it all out.

2 comments:

  1. haha! your family is so funny, by comparing pop with hitchhiking! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess they have a good point, but I won't drink that stuff either!

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails