Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Face of a Three Year Old When the Music Continues


My favourite little man (well, one of them) and I do so like our classical music. It's our Friday soundtrack as we putter around through the day at speeds we deem reasonable.

This Friday was all the same, at 7:32 AM, on went King 98.1 (the station I wake up to every morning, go listen to it online, I recommend the Evergreen Channel) and Mozart's Symphony No. 35 in D, K.385 (also known as the Haffner Symphony) was being performed by the Orchestra of the Eighteenth Century. Every morning King plays a Mozart song as this is his birthday month. It's a wonderful way to wake up.

Side note - I love the Orchestra of the Eighteenth Century! They're a collective (everyone gets paid the same amount) Dutch orchestra (Orkest van de Achttiende Eeuw) with 60 members from around the globe - all playing period instruments.

There was a silent pause between songs, as usually, at 11:38 AM. Finn looked at me questioningly. I asked him if he wanted more music.

"More music!" he said.

We waited a second and then... as requested, another song played.
As you can tell from the pictures, he was beyond pleased.

Which song? The Overture from Der Freischütz, an opera by Carl Maria von Weber.

Overture to "Der Freischütz" by London Symphony Orchestra - Conductor: Philip Gibson on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails