Tuesday, January 24, 2012

London From Bottom To Top Is Up

Good morning!


Yes. I am a morning person through and through. Through and through enough that, even though my day doesn't have to start until 10:30 AM or so (school starts at 12:30 PM), I got up at 7:10 AM to have enough time to putter around the kitchen and twirl around the bedroom.

Breakfast this morning?
Roasted vegetables.
Popcorn.
Chia seeds.
Green tea.
Tomatoes.
Water.

Vegetables is my meal of the day. It's my dinner. And dinner is my breakfast (for dinner last night I had cooked spinach with a cup of goat's milk yogurt). This is the meal where I eat the most.


If you've followed this blog for any amount of time, you would likely already know how devoted I am to the roasted vegetable. And then I went to L'Abri for three months and forgot the magic, for a wee bit, until Kyle came and reintroduced me.

Roasted vegetables for dinner.
Roasted vegetables for breakfast.
Roasted vegetables for lunch.



And then popcorn.

Now popcorn has something of a bad rep since the world deemed it correct to smother it in crazy butter sauce. Take away the butter sauce and salt and you're left with a whole grain with fiber, B vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, and manganese (only a bit of these, but it's something). Only 30 calories per cup of the popped stuff.

My favourite popcorn topping is from the Curvy Carrot. I have adapted the recipe and don't pop my popcorn in coconut oil (I'm an air-poppin' kind of kid) but I do add coconut oil once the popcorn is popped. Coconut oil is crazy good stuff! To the oiled up corn I add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and sea salt. Oi. So tasty!

And I'm up and awake! I can listen to lectures while cooking and stretch and wiggle pre and post-meal.

Last night was wonderful. I got to make music with my Gaelic music group, again.

When I got back, all my electronics (electronics before bed = disaster and poor sleep) were put away except for my CD player. I popped in a classical CD (Gymnopédies, No. 1 is a favourite) and did that thing that I do... that thing where I wiggle and stretch and pull my legs around and bend and point. That took up a good 50 minutes of time and I was ready to crawl into bed and read Little Lord Fauntleroy (by the same authors as Secret Garden and a Little Princess).

Lights out at 10:33 PM.
Asleep by 11:10 PM.
Up and at 'em 8 hours later.

I'm ready for you, Tuesday.

The post title is a reference to Eloise at the Plaza. Ready to see Julie Andrews at her finest as Nanny?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails