Thursday, January 26, 2012

Milo's Rad Innovations and Creations


My friend Milo Van Valkenburgh is an incredible artist and inventor.

He puts together these wonderful, these wonderful somethings out of random parts and the results are worth taking a look at.

His work is functional.
Durable.
Innovative.

These are shots of the work from the gallery in the library.

I didn't capture everything, but he's made a whole lot more. He made a working blowdart cane (some of the blowdarts are made out of ear plugs). He made a fake arm with a functional "pinchers." I saw him use this for an entire afternoon back in 2011. Milo is the creator of my favourite slug spoon (which I lost at Folklife - but he told me he made me a new one!). He also made me one of my favourite widgets I play with during class.


Extremely effective magnification.


I like this one. Flip up... I'm not sure what it's called. But the chain attaches to your finger and when you pull it, the spoon flips up to reveal a watch. This is a watch that he already wears, but he made it so he could attach it at will.




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really interesting guy! It would be fun to have a creative inventor friend like that.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails