Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Cry at Random [sort of]


I randomly cry about my grandmother and it tends to happen when I'm with client. Anything can be a trigger.

I was getting a client dressed, today, when I started to think about my upcoming trip to Juneau (this upcoming Sunday through the next Sunday) and about how I'd have to take a cab.

And, of course, cab is a trigger.
Of course?
Oi.

I was thinking about if I would pay with a card or cash.
That made me remember about the last time I took a cab from the ferry to the house I was staying at when Grandma had just died right as I had boarded the ferry. I remember feeling sort of numb and peculiar.

Anyways, I got in the cab and as the numbers climbed on the I asked him if he took debit cards. He said, "Only cash." Luckily I had some in my wallet but as we reached the neighbourhood, within a block or two, the amount it was going to cost was passing what I had.

I told him I had to get out there.

He stopped the meter and then drove me to where I needed to go. I was grateful. People are pretty understanding when Grandma dies.

This memory, though, reminded me of when Grandma (Dorothy) had just died and that made me cry.

I now realize that the title for this post is wrong. I don't cry at random. There's always a specific trigger that brings it on.


1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I'm so so sorry. Losing loved ones is terrible. Really, only time makes it better. Lots and lots of time.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails