Friday, March 15, 2013

Thoughts As I Pack and Prepare to Leave Tomorrow

How I'll be traveling. Dry bag + 1 Scooter
This will be a blog I hop to each time a phonograph starts to play in my head or a thought pops up.
--------------------

Hey you guys.
Who has a three year multi-entry visa to Russia?
This kid.
What's the best way to celebrate?
Piroshky Piroshky at Pike Place Market.

You know what that visa means? I can fall in love with that country. I can go, stay for six months, leave for a day, come back for another six...
But, first Ukraine. See where my heart ends up.
--------------------

I said good-bye to my parents again. It felt like I was saying good-bye when I was 16 years-old and leaving for Switzerland all over again.

Russia and Ukraine are full of unknowns for me, just as Switzerland did ('cept this time, even more so).

Last night at 2 AM, I was realizing how totally unprepared I am.

I don't know what to expect. I don't know how things will pan out.

The trip to East coast? That's a snap, a piece of cake -- nothing to worry about.
If I was off to Western Europe? I wouldn't have too many thoughts there either. I feel pretty comfortable there.

Russia? Ukraine?

But, this is why I'm excited! This is why I'm going there. I want to be totally out of my comfort zone, again. I want to be clueless and unrooted and have to figure things out and grow-ow-ow. The "ow" should really be "owe." Growing hurts sometimes. I'm stoked.

--------------------

Hey Ben,

It was wonderful engaging in conversation with you today.

Wish we had gotten to the Rochester part of the conversation earlier... also, want to hear about your experiences growing up. Even though I barely know you, I've got a lot of respect for you.

You can email me at [[ magi . hubert @ g m a i l .com ]].

Mägi

--------------------

I never know what album will motivate me to pack and clean.
Apparently, this time it's the Jackson 5's Christmas album...

--------------------

B: How are you?
M: Brilliant, actually. Just got a 3-year visa to Russia 7 minutes ago, just found single-serve don'thavetokeepcold hummus, and I get to ride a train tomorrow.

--------------------

You guys. This is actually happening.
Well, golly gee whiz, that's cool.

--------------------

If my ankle twists majorly in the next month...
I am not going to Russia.

Unless I feel super deeply like that's the path I ought to take...

--------------------

Today I wore a red-lace dress and a nice coat out to Seattle.
Four people told me I was beautiful.
(well, one said my red hair was beautiful)
Whoa.

Is it my clothes that make me beautiful?

(irarelygettoldthatiambeautiful)

--------------------

I am having fun resisting temptation.

The temptation? Those Oreos in the cupboard.

No. No. No!

I pray, drink ginger-peppermint tea, eat carrots and a pear.
I feel like winning this battle today.

--------------------

Wiped my Netbook, Edison (sorry Tesla) clean yesterday.
Richard came over and now I've got Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS as opposed to the ol' version I had.
Much better.

--------------------

I haven't used shampoo or deodorant in over a year.
Go ahead.
Smell me.

--------------------
Packing for L'Abri back in 2011
I am ever so bad at packing. It's something I always put off until the very. last. minute.

I can say that because I always do wait until the last hours to pack or start to think about packing. Right now, it's 6:59 PM. In around 22 hours I'll be on a train to Chicago. There, I'll catch another train to Washington D.C.

I have 22 hours to prepare for the other coast and Russia and Ukraine and.... I'm just not ready.

Pepper-mint ginger tea time and maybe some moose.

--------------------

SO OVERWHELMED!
I DON'T THINK I CAN DO THIS!

Naw. I got it. <--- by="" capitals.="" chill="" down="" easy="" everything="" having="" in="" it="" not="" p="" s="" to="">
--------------------

After months of thinking, "I need to dress nice! I need to dress normal!" As I finally pack, I decided I don't want to! I've never blended in. One costume is good enough for me.

--------------------

Today as I left the bathroom Cost Plus World Market I saw this quote all huge on the wall: Lao Tzu - "A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."

Haha... ahh, sounds familiar. I can plan and plan, but I really don't know what's going to happen... Ithaca.

--------------------
Last Seattle sunset for a while.

Bed time.
I think things are coming together....

4 comments:

  1. I'm a last minute packer too. I hope you don't forget anything and that you have an amazing trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of extra prayers for you this morning as you set off on your journey. I love you so so much.

    Psalm 121

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of you every day with love and a big smile. <3 purple sock

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of you every day with love and a big smile. <3 purple sock

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails