Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Downsizing the Pack

Current Travel Ensemble

When I set off from Seattle, I had a huge pack.
It was horrible.

Original pack set up.
I had to get a cart to pull it all around and public transportation was nearly unbearable.

So, in DC, on my last night I got everything down to fitting into my small green backpack and a small duffel.
The rest of my crap when back to Seattle with Megan and Andrew who were both visiting DC and headed back the next day.

With each item I tossed, I felt totally liberated.
Fitting it all into my pack made me feel like a champion.
Huzzah!

Now, when I travel it looks like this:


Not bad eh?

I've got just two changes of clothes (two shirts, skirt, pants, and pyjamars) and usually wear the same outfit for a few days in a row.

Having such little space means I can't acquire any more belongings - I simply can't. I'm figuring out what is essential and what I can toss. Since transferring to a pack, I have items a few items. I got a purple wool sweater from Nora and a few wool socks from Hannah in New Hampshire.

With so little space, stores have become nearly irrelevant. I do carry food around in a small tote bag that I consider a burden. If only I found a way to skip eating...

2 comments:

  1. I HAVE YOUR CART
    WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO WITH IT
    CAN I KEEP IT?
    THANKS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PLEASE KEEP IT AND PUSH IT ALL AROUND GEORGETOWN FULL OF CANS OF TUNA AND WIGGLE YOUR BUTT A LOT AS YOU WALK! THANKS FOR HAVING IT!

      Delete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails