Tuesday, April 2, 2013

German in New Haven, CT


The choice to go to New Haven, Connecticut was a bit of a last minute decision. Well, last hour. I decided to go to the dance at Yale just an hour or two before the car was departing from Cambridge, MA.

When we got there, the first thing we did was head to a cafe... and I wanted to be outside.

So I skittered.

On the walk, I passed by a few groups of German speakin folks.

I finally spoke up with the second group.

After a few minutes of conversing, I was pretty surprised when they asked, "Where were you born in Switzerland?" I was surprised when they asked -- but not as surprised when they learned I had only learned German for one year back when I was 17.

Dude! I can still speak German!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails