Thursday, April 18, 2013

New York --> Moscow :: Thoughts on the Flight

I've been attempting to sleep for most of this trip. I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's. Dinner was fish, rice, and a salad... and a roll. A few hours later they served another meal which I turned down. I don't need to eat much when I'm not moving and I know I still have a full day ahead of me.

I didn't sleep from Tuesday-Wednesday night in New York. I then tried to sleep, pretending it was Wednesday night in Russia when I was in the air.

It's currently be 10:32 PM in New York. It's 6:33 AM in Moscow.
Am I ready to start my second day in a row in the past 16 hours without getting solid sleep before either of the days occurred. Then I had the day before. It's almost like living three days and not sleeping much in between. I'll have to make sure I'm extra mindful in Moscow to make good decisions, even when tired. It's when I'm tired that I'm most likely to be off my game and even emotional. I don't intend to get emotional this morning.


They have a lot of Soviet-era film options on the flight. Right now I'm watching a lyircal film about Moscow from the '80s about the '50s. It's gold. Everyone looks so happy. I also watched some Soviet cartoons. I'm not sure that I would sleep this last hour. That's what it's come down to. I'll be walking around Moscow in less than two hours.


There are still moments when I think, “What are you doing, Margaret?”

I wonder if they'll even let me in the country. For all I know, after all of this, they could turn me away at the border because I don't have my next ticket bought, yet, to get to Ukraine.

The stewardesses keep speaking to me in Russian and I like that.
I wish I could talk about. I guess now is a good time to practice.

The Russian sky out the window looks familiar....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails