Sunday, April 7, 2013

Prochain Arrêt - Toronto


Crikey.

I didn't know I would get this excited about Toronto.

I just got through customs and am now on one of my final stretches before Russia (Rochester -> Toronto -> New York -> Russia). I'm playing a dance remix of “Daydream Believer” which is making the Canadian landscape seem all the more invigorating.

Everything is brown and beautiful – it feels like fall.
It feels just like upstate New York... 'cept there are a lot of gravel roads.
This world is miraculous.

Overgrown run
wild urban decay
crumbling back
to what is and
the weeds are
bobbbing around
where they can't
be weeds

because

they belong.

Dude! They just said, “..prochain arrêt.” Next stop!
I haven't heard that phrase since 2009, in Switzerland.
They used to always say that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails