Monday, May 27, 2013

Cut It Out... Again and Again

Happy First Birthday
Baby Margaret and Her Cake
I'm trying to recalibrate my body.

It's back to a stage where it craves sugar heavily (in a sense of uncontrollable addiction) and I know I need to get it back to no-sugar right now. Today.

To help with the transition, I have grapes, carrots, and a pear.

Starting now, I need to get back to eating how I eat in Alaska and America, the way that helps me function, think clearer, and feel good. It's been hard in Russia as I'm not always sure how to refuse food, which has all been enjoyed, even if it's made me feel ill.

When I get to Ukraine, I will be extra, extra strict because if I start out relaxed, things will go downhill. I know what my body likes and I know how to feed it. Since I will be living in one place, it will be easier to keep a store of vegetables in the fridge for consumption when hunger strikes.

I'm excited to feel more energetic and for my complexion to clear up again. I don't have crazy-zits, but my face does look different from this change in diet (more white flours, sugar, and dairy).

And if I slip up? Move on. Try again. Try again and again until I'm back to where I need to be.


-------------

Update: I'm now in the headachey-withdrawal stage, which is great! It means things are happening. I already feel like I'm not craving as much.

Update II: I'm getting better and better at turning down sweets. I did have a few dates after dinner yesterday, though.

1 comment:

  1. You seem a little in awe of that cake.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails