Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Greetings from Canned-Alaska (Кандала́кша)

Photographs by Ирина Зарицкая (Couchsurfing Host #8)

A few days (two) driving later and I'm a satisfied, peaceful being in Canned-Alaska (Kandalaksha).

This week I...

  • Travelled by a hovercraft for over 2 hours.
  • Travelled 900 miles with a Swiss man and a Russian man.
  • Travelled into the Artic circle (where I currently am).
  • Stayed in a small village of six.
  • Slept in five different beds.
  • Ate fish salad, fish soup, canned fish, salted fish...
  • Saw lots of Russian cats.
  • Celebrated Easter for the second time this year.
  • Stayed up till 4:30 AM making pashka with CS host Sveta (#7) out of butter, sour cream, cottage cheese, and sugar. I didn't get to eat the final product, though.
  • Walked around and explored six different towns.
I am here right now.

1 comment:

  1. your life, your life, your life. I enjoy it. I know you do, too. Respond to my email when you get a second?

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails