Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Routine of Readjusting



Readjusting to a new country (or state or city or oblast) is feeling ritualistic. It's becoming a routine that is reminiscent of brushing my teeth each morning and night.

It's wandering and ATM's and learning to convert currencies on the fly.
It's monitoring spacial proximity and observing 98% of the time.
It's figuring out their public transportation system without dropping pace.
It's going to the deli and eating anything with carrots.
It's wearing sunglasses because I'm still learning not to make contact with every living breathing thing.
It's identifying landmarks to assist the gut feelings that guide those feather feet.
It's spending an hour in the grocery store just to buy one thing.

It's being in the moment because I can't afford to be elsewhere (until it's blog time, then I hope to any moment but the present).

2 comments:

  1. Hello Magi. I think you really love to travel and explore new places. That is wonderful.

    Thanks for your visit to my blog and your comment, too.

    Have FUN! Susan

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails