Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hoseaaa



That prodigal son story in the Bible has to be one of my favourites.

Where the son leaves, screw up hard core, and when he comes back, the father doesn't waste time bashing him about for what he did. He welcomes him. Loves him. Dotes upon him. "My son is home!"

So it is with our Father. I am amazed each time He scoops me up and welcomes me on His lap. The best return ever. He fills me up with His love so that it overflows. I feel satisfied, again. I feel full and I have assurance of who I am and who I am meant to be. I can stop reaching out to the earth to provide that which will always leave me feeling uncertain. Prayers are answered and His presence is revealed as I start to look for Him and see Him in every interaction - He's there!

In the past week I have been looking for and see Him and talking to Him more than I probably have for the past month. And oh, oh how it's good to be back.

How I crave Him and desire to know him more and more.
I want Him to reveal Himself to me.

I was reading 2 Corinthians 11:2-3 written by that cool man, Paul.

"For I am zealous for you with a godly eagerness and a divine jealousy, for I have betrothed you to one Husband, to present you as a chaste virgin to Christ."

Amplifffiiiiiiiedd Bible version.

I normally don't blog about my relationship with Christ much because things like that verse, I think, would just look extremely weird to those who aren't in the spirit. I think that verse looks kinda creepy, actually, if I try and look at it with worldly-goggles. And I'm not to say it's not ok if folks think it's weird. But, normally I am more likely to open up on this topic in one on one conversations ifff they bring it up. I'm praying about this one, folks. I am. Give it time.

But I was reading that verse and I was thinking, "Well great, Paul, I'm glad you betrothed other folks... but, well, I don't really get how you're engaging me to Him." Then, though, I saw it link to Hosea 2:19 and that's where my mind went "Whoa!" More like, "WHOA!" because there ain't nothin' boring 'bout dis stuff. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Here it said, "And I [this is the Lord talking!] will betroth you to Me forever; yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and justice and steadfast love, and in mercy  I will even betroth you to Me in stability and in faithfulness, and you shall know (recognize, be acquainted with, appreciate give heed to, and cherish) the Lord."

I don't even know if I can articulate the rushing amazing recognition that came when I read that. There were the little encouraging bits like stability in faithfulness, as an ADHD/SPD/trichotillo'-folk, I liked that.

But then there's the part that says, "and you shall know the Lord."

You guys, this is insane! Know the Lord - just like I know Hannah and Sarah and Megan.

The Lord of this entire earth, this universe, everything -- I shall know Him. And I'm already betrothed to Him. I'm already promised to Him. That part of everything is over. I don't need to keep going back and trying to make sure I'm saved. I've been saved and that is totally worth blogging about! Now, goodness, I just want to fall in love with Him -- deeper and deeper.

I mean, I love Him now, I really do - but I'm still at the point where I'm learning to surrender everything, everything to Him. I want to let go of everything every day. I am in Ukraine, like He told me to (with a bit of resistance after I hit Russia) and I've told Him I'll stay here till He tells me to move on.

I have no agenda.
I have no where I need to be.
I want my desires to be His desires.

I want His path for me to be my path.

He gave me these feet that desire to go places. I know He has crazier things in store for me than I would come up with on my own. He was the one, in the first place, who made me like this.

And I am where I am supposed to be, right now and I've got peace in that.

1 comment:

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails