Thursday, August 22, 2013

Blogging Reunification & What to Blog About

“I would blog but I never know what to blog about.”

Never know what to blog about? But there are so many things to blog about. I would say too many, but that has negative connotations and I don't think there being a plethora of topics to write about is negative at all.

This outpouring of words is because I just got my Netbook, fixed. It used to have another name but after so many identity changes, Nastarovio is the new name. Nastarovia is Ukrainian for “your welcome,” and I think it sounds like a mighty fine name. It feels so good to have my keyboard back under  my fingers. I had the use of another computer but the words just didn't come out how I wanted them too. I think it's because I'm used to writing on a whim and in the moment. I like to write while aboard trains. Today on the bus I found myself finishing a post, closing up Nastarovio, and, within a minute or two I would have him out again because a new idea had popped in my head.

I've typed out 14 pages already.

I'm not sure why I put off getting it repaired. Maybe I thought it would be good for me to live without a computer for a while? Writing is what I do. I don't know why I thought I could do without. Instead of feeling free without a computer, a place to write at all hours, I was frustrated as ideas bottled up.

It will be liberating to be able to write at night, again, or in the morning. I'll be able to write for hours on the trains and ferries that have yet to carry me around Europe.

Things to write about...

There's the daily inspirations and journaling to do.
I like write about mental progress.
I can discuss patterns I've seen.
I can remember routines of a season of life.

But then, something I frequently write about are things I've heard from folks many times.

I start a bounty of blog posts with comments and questions I've been heard on the road time after time. I figure if these folks are asking, maybe it's worth writing about. If they're curious, maybe other people are too.

“Are you traveling alone?” “What does your mother think?” “Do you have a good relationship with your parents?” “Little Red Riding Hood.” “Thumbelina.”

Blogging is how I collect my thoughts. It's how people can feel like they know me even if we haven't seen each other in years. It's how you can know what's up without me telling you. It's how I keep track of what's happened. It's how, when I'm thinking I've done nothing with my life, I remind myself that things have happened. It's how I can enjoy revisiting memories because, sometimes I don't want to live in the moment. Oi. Scratch that sentence off before it settles.

1 comment:

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails