Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Week 37

Monday – Get kicked off the farm and end up staying with the family I met on the road. Gaelic concert. Sleep in their shed. Feel loved.

Poop Explosion
Tuesday – Coffee with Ludovick and Pat. Take the neighbour man's dog for a walk with the young girl I'm staying with. Dust. Make all of their beds fresh. Curry dinner.


Wednesday – Travel to Dornoch with a neighbour and explore. Tea with my lovely host and a women named Maggie. Go to see a Monsters University in a travelling movie theatre inside an expanding semi-truck.


Thursday – Up at 5 AM and travel all day from Ardgay to Inverness to Edinburgh to London to Southhampton to Hedge End, arriving at 11 PM. Stay with Alice – the au pair who lived across the street from me in Switzerland back in 2009. Northern Scotland to Southern England. Around 670 miles.

Kyle of Sutherland
The Scottish family was sweet and made me an activity book. Kept me occupied for hours.
Alice and the Underground

Friday – Winchester. Meet Swiss and Russians at the train station and hang out with them all day. See where Jane Austen died. Wander a hill in the rain. Relish the rain.

My great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather used to live in this building. That's 21 greats. That's King Arthur's table.

Saturday – Hen Party for Alice's friend. Day spent at Thorpe Park, the amusement park. So many roller coasters. Learn to play a zombie computer game ("Left 4 Dead") and feel accomplished.


Sunday – Take the train to Liss. Walk to Greatham. Welcome to the English L'Abri! It's not a cult.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about that L'Abri place. It certainly looks like a cult.

    (Wait I know some of those people!)

    Also, the mobile movie theater is the coolest thing ever. And I never even go to regular movie theaters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails