Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Goals for the Dark Season


I've found that I operate well with goals. I do well when I name my aspirations, right them down, and look at them often. They need to be exact and be either countable or check-off-able.

On Friday, I'm departing for Alaska. It will be my fourth time to do the brief journey from Seattle to Haines. I'm committed to staying through the 23rd of December.

Here are my goals for the upcoming two months:
  • Memorize 300 words of Russian vocabulary
    • That comes to about 5 a day. Very doable but requires discipline and is easy to slack off on.
  • Swim 5 days a week in the morning before work at 6:00 AM
    • I used to do this until my ankle twisted last year and I want to get back into it
  • Create and perform a show
    • I want to start working towards creating and following through with a product. Over the end of October and November I'll practice cello, ukulele, and/or piano along with do some writing which can be presented in a small house show in the middle of December. If possible, tie it all together into a skit, but that's not essential.
  • Write out a novel
    • Yeah - that NaNoWriMo thing? Do it.
  • Reply to all letters within four days of receiving them
  • Read East of Eden by John Steinbeck
  • Play Scrabble at least twice a month with Mary (the lady I met on the street back in April last year)

That should keep me busy...

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could edit fonts on this because if I could I would put what I am about to say into 500-pt Helvetica bold:

    THANK YOU FOR READING EAST OF EDEN IT IS THE GREATEST NOVEL

    Questions:

    1) Do you have a copy? Can I mail one to you? I am so, so happy to do this for you.
    2) Did you get this idea from me? This book is my life. I just gave a copy to my sister on her 18th.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails