Thursday, October 31, 2013

Hey-o-Haines


I've been back in Haines, now, for 10 days now but it already feels like a few weeks.

Today I was asked to list some things I was grateful for. The first one that came to mind was, "I'm grateful for the beautiful love and acceptance I've found here in Haines and everywhere I've traveled. I'm grateful to have a place I can call home."

Haines has made me feel so loved to the core. It's a beautiful thing to be able to come to a town and feel welcomed like Haines does. One of my first day, I remember walking down the road and having two cars in a road stop to say, "Hello." Most shops I went to had someone there who remembered me. "Hey, you're back! How long do we have you for?" was a common conversation. The post-office had been holding some pieces of mail for me since January!

With each day, I start to realize that my intended two-month stay will very likely extend to more. Back when I arrived last year, I originally intended to only stay for three weeks. Ha!

Grey and rainy, I know I'm home.

1 comment:

  1. Excited to hear you're back in Haines! I'll try to send some mail soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails