Monday, October 14, 2013

Re-Root-Seattle


Being back in Seattle has been...

The first word that comes to mind is "magical" because moments keep coming up that are either incredibly beautiful (those trees!) or reminiscent of something that belongs in a movie.

This city feels like home. I'm not even just talking about my childhood neighbourhood. The entire city, towers and all. As I bustle around, I feel a calm in knowing where I am. I know these streets and I know how to get from Point A to Point B. I know the homeless people and the Childfund folks who want my dollars (and they know me and remember me some seven months later). I love our weather. I crave the communities all over. I love having couches to crash around the city and the knowledge that I'll never go without a roof over my head.

I love the people that really know me. I love seeing someone and knowing they've already invested hours and hours into me and love me all the still. These are the people that have seen me at my worst and my best and still take the time to be with me all the more.

And, in all of this, I grin as I realize I could have this life.

I don't know what keeps me from coming back to Seattle and calling it home. I don't know why I don't think I could get something started here.

Well, I sort of do. I love my job in Alaska.I love my friends in Alaska.
And, to be honest, I love that when I work in Alaska, there's no temptation for me to spend money on constant here and theres.

But, I wonder what it would take to establish myself in Seattle for a while?
From the conversations I had this week, not much.

Not now, though. Not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails