Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December to April



"Where are you going after Haines?" asked folks.
"Well... I'm not sure exactly."
"I thought you were coming back."
"So did I."

I don't know.

I originally thought I was going to be coming back to Haines post-Christmas but I'm sort of scratching that plan. Work isn't going how I thought it would and due to a couple of things, I'm not thinking it's the best fit for me to try and work out for next season.

Which is sort of good - because I don't think I was meant to be in Haines (for now) beyond these two months. So much of me wants to stay here and continue with the rhythm I so comfortably slip into when living here - but that's not what I think I'm supposed to be doing for too much longer.

This season in Haines isn't what I thought it would be, but it is what it is and I'm grateful for it.

If you want to know what's up....

December 22 - Haines -> Juneau :: via ferry
December 23 - Juneau -> Seattle :: via aeroplane
December 25 - Christmas
December 27thish - January 12thish - work on Tobbit with Alex
mid-January to February 19 - do the rounds of visiting the folks I visited last January and other folks in communities I desire to see (Froelichs, Portland, Lopez Island, Olympia, Cle Elum)
February 19 - April 7 - Bowen Island, British Columbia :: L'Abri

Guess I better get my driver's license and start gearing up Tobbit for the road.
And here's a wishlist if you've ever thought, "Hey --  I feel like getting Margaret hanging bag dehumidifiers!" but wasn't sure if I needed 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails