Saturday, November 30, 2013

Overstimulation and Tears

I don't know what this is.
It might be me just being me.
It might be, in part, attributed to my SPD.

This afternoon I tried to go to the Lighting of the Library Open House Thingy (that's the official name). I made it. I went inside.

And lasted about 7 minutes before I had to leave.

The library was packed with people and my brain started fuzzing about and started to prickle. I started to feel distant and unsettled. I tried to make conversation, I honestly did.

But I lost it.

I headed for the door, weaving around, still trying to convince myself to stay to no avail.

A few feet before the door, I saw one of the only, only folks in the world whose presence gives me a stomach ache or a stickly brain (only by association - swell person).

Soon as I was out of the doors, I started to cry.
I don't know why.

I have eaten today.
I slept last night.

Why am I crying?

Is it because of being overstimulated?

I've held it together for a while, now. I wonder what the trigger was. I don't get it. I really don't. Why would I cry?



It's now been 8 hours since that happened. No, I didn't enter into a funk. It was just a short-lived moment of peculiarity.

Within an hour, I had five joyous folks on my bed and I was feeling as loved and chipper as ever. It was a solid crew of folks, all with a positive outlook and spittles of joy that rubbed off onto my elbows.

We listened to around 9 versions of Auld Lang Syne and watched the 1995 Hayao Miyazaki film, Whisper of the Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails