Wednesday, December 25, 2013

This Post Has Nothing to Do With Christmas


Sometimes my whole perspective flip-flops for a minute and I wonder if that is my one brief moment of true clarity.

I went to my folk's church twice today and heard the same sermon twice. During the second time, I certainly had a bit of brain-meandering going on. I'm not too comfortable writing out exactly what I was pondering and which side I was on, but it was a matter that had been on my mind a lot lately.

The situation involved a lot of hurt and over a decade of time and no reconciliation to soothe the unexpected pain that had come of it. I looked at the situation in a new, but simple, way and it made me wonder if I had been getting it wrong the entire time. It didn't make anything feel better, perhaps it was all even worse as I mourned the confusion of 14-year-old me, but it did trigger some more thoughts.

I wondered how much I get wrong.
How many of my beliefs are delusion?
How many cognitive distortions have I woven into unstable representations of a false reality that I treat as concrete truth?

2 comments:

  1. These are worthwhile questions to hold in one's mind throughout one's life.

    It is the absence of doubt that makes fools of us all (or rather, that makes *us* horrific, pompous fools). It bodes well for your character that you're considering these possibilities while still relatively a whippersnapper. Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus said "anything is possible" and I have found that to be true. but one can also get swept away in chaotic winds of thoughts and feelings that can cause confusion and destability (they call that being ungrounded).
    if you are open to "anything is possible" then you will occasionally be given proof. eventually the proof builds up till it would be ridiculous to doubt. so keep a record

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails