Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I Now Posses the License to Operate an Automobile


Just about 20 minutes ago, I drove on the pavement in an automobile without another human with me inside.
Just me.
Alone.
In a truck.

Oi..

You guys - I can drive now -- legally. I have a license.
 (and I sort of hate it sort of love it)

Driving still freaks me out like nothing else. It makes me feel guilty (sorry world!) and anxious. This is all in comparison to my bicycle that always leaves me feeling like an absolute superstar, even when super soggy when I get to Point B.

But, I've got Tobbit, my '81 Volkswagen Diesel Rabbit Truck - and I've got plans to live in him. I've got it all set and ready. I've invested the cash. He's ready. I'm ready.

All that was needed was that I could drive - which I can, now.

No idea what's going to happen. I got my license today and tomorrow I'm doing a 4 hour drive up to British Columbia - I figure it will be a good way to practice. 168 miles.

168 miles needs about 5-6 gallons of gas. That will cost around $21 with diesel being $3.85 in my town. That's actually not too bad at all for two people and a home to go up the extra-long way to Bowen Island.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I hope your long drive goes well! I don't think I was confident enough to drive more than like 20 minutes for a good while after getting my license.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It did go pretty well. I think I would've followed your path of limited driving, at first, if I could've. Sounds more peaceful.

      Delete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails