Saturday, February 15, 2014

Music Affecting Breath and Tear Ducts

Does anyone else have this happen when they listen to certain songs.

I get hit with it. It moves me, changing my breathing and making me feel these amazing soaring feels. And then I cry. And I keep crying. It's been 2 minutes since I just finished that song and I can't stop crying. It's overwhelming and too much, but in a beautiful sense. It's everything coming together. It's a heavy breath as everything in me is taken over.

I'm almost scared to listen to the song. It's like getting on a roller coaster - you know the nervous feeling you get before that. I have it before certain songs because I know the emotions I'm about to go through.

I ought to be used to it. I guess I ought to. I was sent into sobs in church in the Netherlands and Ukraine and it keeps going on. I am my grandfather's granddaughter.

1 comment:

  1. I was photographing the choir practice at Luther College, ensconced in the middle of the singers, when I burst into tears at the beauty of their voices. For the rest of the week, I was known as "That guy who cried at our practice." It's hardly the first time this has happened to me.

    Nurture your sensitivity to beauty, and keep the pathways to your emotions open. It's a wonderful way to go through this life.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails