Tuesday, March 25, 2014

800th Post & Tim Tam Slam

This is my 800th published post on this blog. Jubilation!
It would take you 27 hours to read this entire blog if you spent two minutes on each post.
I started this blog in December 2009, so that comes to an average of one post every 1.9 days for the past 4.2 years, or so - and that doesn't even cover the 210 unpublished posts.


Sometimes I like to pretend my body is a champ at processing sweets and dairy and eat them.

Yesterday, the entire lot of folks at L'Abri were craving a Tim Tam slam. Well, most were craving and those who weren't were simply curious about the experience. After dinner, Jess (Aussie), Marianne (Georgia/W. Africa), Clair (Aussie), and I hopped into Tobbit and picked up a few things of ice cream, some cocoa, milk, and three packs of Tim Tams. This was a night worth celebrating, indeed. In partiallity, we were celebrating the announcement that Tim had been accepted as a worker (full time living at L'Abri, year round) at L'Abri. Pretty huge news.

If you're not familiar with a Tim Tam slam, I pity you. I'm not one to pity, but this is so, so good.

Tim Tams are a basic Australian chocolate cookie. "A Tim Tam is composed of two layers of chocolate malted biscuit, separated by a light chocolate cream filling, and coated in a thin layer of textured chocolate." (Wiki)

They are best known and loved and consumed by Australians and Canadians, and not so much by Americans.


We were lucky enough to have a resident Australian and Canadian to show the crew the ropes.

For a Tim Tam slam, you bite off two corners of the cookie - diagonally across from each other. Then, you get some hot cocoa, stick one corner of the cookie in the cocoa, and start sucking. Eventually, you'll get some cocoa running through your cookie. At this point, the entire cookie is full of warm, cocoa-cookie goodness. Take a bite.
Oi.
Oi.
Melted but still holding slight form.
Legendary.

Tim Tam Slam.

And if you're name is Margaret, you might end up writing this song after having three Tim Tams and a gulp of hot cocoa to wash it all down.

This is sung to the tune of, "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean."

My body threw up all the Tim Tams
My body thinks Tim Tams are gross
My body threw up all the Tim Tams
My body hates Tim Tams the most.

Up chuck, up chuck
My body thinks Tim Tams are gross, are gross
Up chuck, up chuck,
My body hates Tim Tams the most!

After a few cookies, I bolted out the door to keep myself from going into a binge. On the way home, I started to feel the urge to vomit (not self induced, just a simple bodily rejection). Once I was home, all the Tim Tams came back out and into the toilet. This morning, I wasn't hungry for breakfast.

My body hates Tim Tams the most.
But they are so delicious.

Tim Tams slams have been known to be habit forming, sometimes flourishing into an addiction.
Buy 'em here!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I love tim tams!! When I visited Australia in 2008 I couldn't get enough of 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails