Saturday, April 26, 2014

Bonhoeffer


I've been trying to read more books. I want to make time for it and make it a priority.

Last night I looked up Bonhoeffer on the Lopez Island Library online catalog and saw that they had it there on the shelf - how convenient. The next morning, I went specifically into town to check out this book.

When I got there, though, I made myself at home writing up postcards. 14 of them are now being shipped out across the world and to just about every continent (North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Australia... even Canada).


And then I remembered what I was there for. This book! This biography.

I knew the spine well and was sitting right by the biographies section of the library. I glanced up and browsed without seeing it. I figured I'd have to get up and take a better look.

A few minutes later I turned my head side-ways and there, right at eye-level on the CD's was the book I was hoping to checkout. Of all of the hundreds of books in the library, the one single book I had come to town for was there sitting out by itself right in my line of vision.

I waited a bit but no one claimed it and the librarian said it was up for grabs.

So I snatched it and checked it out with a grin.

2 comments:

  1. file:///Users/robot/Desktop/10_illus_LWR_Wenckebach_In_de_muizenwereld_1894.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend is reading that right now, I told him I might want it after he's done (I'm on the Kite Runner right now). Let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails