Monday, April 28, 2014

From Point A to Point B on Lopez Island

A & A - the Brother and Sister duo
Today I put together a chart of distances that I travel with Tobbit:

FF to Fisherman Bay Spit - 4.9 miles - 14 minutes
FF to the Library via Center - 3. 9 miles - 9 minutes
FF to the Library via Lopez Sound - 3.6 miles - 9 minutes
FF to the Library via Fisherman Bay - 4.4 miles - 10 minutes
Library to Otis Perkins - 2.4 miles - 5 minutes
Otis Perkins to Fisherman Bay Preserve - 1.6 miles - 3 minutes (over and back = 3.2 miles)
FF to Garcia's - 5.4 miles - 14 minutes
Garcia to Library via Center - 7.5 miles - 17 minutes
Garcia to Library via Fisherman Bay - 7.8 miles - 18 minutes
Green Barn to Library via Center - 8.8 miles - 20 minutes
FF to Watmough - 8.9 miles - 23 minutes
Mud Bay Road to Iceberg Point - 2.2 miles - 6 minutes
Watmough to Berta's - 14.2 miles - 33 minutes
Garcia's to Berta's via Center - 10.7 miles - 25 minutes
Garcia to Berta's via Port Stanley - 11 miles - 29 miles
FF to Berta's via Port Stanley - 5.6 miles - 15 minutes
FF to Berta's via Center Road - 7.2 miles - 16 miles



32 miles cost $4.5.
1 miles costs 15 cents.

One round trip into town from FF to Library via Lopez Sound costs $1.08.
One round trip to Berta's from Garcia's cost $3.21.
One round trip to the Fisherman's Preserve from FF costs $1.47.

The cost of diesel is a bit less than $4.5 per gallon, but I rounded it up because there's no highway driving. Maybe I should round 32 down to 30. To go around 200 miles, it costs me $30.


I wasn't planning on driving when I got here but my ankle is acting up, still a month later, and even biking has been really bothering it lately, which frustrates me. So I drive everywhere. And I don't feel good about it... but I'm grateful to not be stuck or isolated in one location.

2 comments:

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails