Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Dear Alex :: Tobbit Gets a New Paint Job

Photos by Liz Snell
Dear Alex,

Tobbit is now a new shiny-sort of white. He glows... sort of... ok, he doesn't glow. He's just white again, just like he was before.

Lately, I've been trying to get myself in the habit of tackling projects - thinking up things that need to be done and just doing them. I want to be the sort of person that gets things done. Tobbit gives me a great opportunity as I try to work actively, each day, to maintain him and keep in in top condition. I want to take pride in my truck. I want to take good care of him.


So, it was a Sunday and I had the sun on my side, so I decided it was time to give the caddy-shack a paint job. He had leaked a wee bit and I I thought that a few coats of paint might possibly help with that.

After church, I ran to the Irly (hardware store) and grabbed a bit of paint, sandpaper, a brush, some tape, and a pan and was set to go. Back at home, I sanded him down, wiped him down, and started to paint.

It was that simple.
He looked pretty stellar too, I'd say.


It was quite the process and took up my entire afternoon and evening - some 7-8 hours of solid work as I listened to the Carpenters and Jamie Cullum. I was able to climb on the top of the shack to paint his roof.

Glad I got it done. Tobbit seems quite pleased with his new coat.

Cheers,

Margaret

1 comment:

  1. He looks great! I love the coveralls. I don't get enough good opportunities to wear mine.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails