Sunday, June 8, 2014

Early Morning Cycles to Watmough Bay


I'm definitely an early-to-bedder.

I love that going to bed between 9 and 10 PM means that I'll wake up by 5-6 PM which gives me, usually, about two and a half hours to wake up, shake myself awake even more, do a little dance, and get something done before going off to develop my goat-milking skills (muscles).

Something that makes me pretty giddy is when I get the gumption to go on a quick bike ride.

One of my favourite treks is to Watmough Bay. It's not a huge distance, but it's beautiful, windy between fields and by the bay and through the forest - a vivid shock to remind me how lovely this life can be. There's a steep hill that's a beast to climb, but definitely climbable. On the way to the bay, I get to rush down it and usually pass by the road I need to take to get to the bay because I love going fast and don't want to stop.

The sight at the end is always worth it -- Mount Baker, the Rosario Strait, Salish Sea, and always a few sail boats.

I might be biased, but I think I may be living in one of the most beautiful places on earth.

1 comment:

  1. You *are* living in one of the most beautiful places on earth, you certainly are.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails