Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Happy 29th Birthday To Me


There was a knock on Tobbit's door.
It was G.

He told me he was getting coffee with Y & N at 1 PM and I was invited to join. I did.

As I finished tidying up Tobbit, he went to the thrift shop.

"I got you a birthday present Susan!" he told me as he came back out.
"How did you know it was my birthday?" I asked.

He calls me Susan sometimes. Sometimes not.

He handed me a Leap Frog toy with plastic pages and buttons that sing me the sounds of the alphabet. I love it. Buttons were pushed as we strolled across the lawn to Isabelle's.

There, we met up with N & Y. I was grateful as he bought me a chai tea, my birthday celebration continuing with engaging conversation.

This entire post is empty of the actual substance of our time together. It's void of chemistry and laughter and amusement. I could try to capture that, but it almost feels too personal for words, right now. I feel like if I try to captured G, Y, and N, I'll only do them injustice.

Thanks G!
This was my best 29th birthday yet!

3 comments:

  1. Susan was one of our top choices of names for you .... Susan Grace. With that redhair, however, you reminded me too much of a Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! Sounds like a very happy birthday indeed. It always brightens my days oodles when I catch up on your blog. I sent you a couple of letters, I hope they made their way to you. It looks like you're packing every minute full of the right things and right people. All my love from California!

    -Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I missed your birthday... but don't worry, I have a present for you. Happy birthday! I'm glad it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails