Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Short Folks Invade Tobbit


"Can we go in Tobbit?"

I nanny-ed my morning away, today, and it was blissful. It was the morning where, the first time I finally checked the clock, it was 12:29 - time for me to bid farewell.

Today we all hung out for over an hour in Tobbit. I read them stories and they made art. We listened to Jackson 5 and pretended that we were driving Tobbit to North Korea. N made pictures of her sister and her and put them in my locket. More pretend. More blankets.

Back home, we waltzed around the house for a longer time than the attention span of most children. The five year old practiced dips and different moves and the 2 year old mastered every lifted I threw at her, or threw her at...

Afterwards, we went to their room and spent the next hour snuggled up in the hammock.

It was good, so good. I love these kids and I like spending time with them. It was a drizzly day, and our cozy-day was a great counter to the grey skies.

1 comment:

  1. You have posted recently... So that means you are alive!

    I haven't been able to get a hold of you via the usual methods and I would love if you called, Skyped, emailed, something?

    ReplyDelete

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails