Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Farewell Dani & Pearl


Today, our household got severed and the ratio of women to men just tipped over dramatically (3 M to 3 W to 3 M to 1 W). Dani and Pearl are off on a Michigan adventure for just about a month.

While I'm going to miss them terribly, more than anything else, I'm excited.

Dani is originally from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in this tiny town, much smaller than Haines. 327 people call it home.

She hasn't been there in years and, since then, a lot has happened. She now has a daughter and another one on the way (!!!) and has grown a lot as a human. I'm stoked that she gets to go reconnect with the humans she grew up with and let them get to know who she is now.


I met Dani back in 2012 during my first fall in Haines. I met her because of her vibrant hair and my impulsive desire to call out and greet people I want to meet. At that point, being a mom wasn't really even a topic of discussion. Adding a baby to the picture really turned things upside down, but certainly for the better.

It's an honour to be able to live under the same roof as this family - Dani, Nik, and Pearl. My friendship with them is very different from a lot of my other friendships. I don't exactly know how to put it or how to describe it - but I do know I'm grateful to have them in my life. They are who they are and I am who I am and we see each other for that and are ok with it. All three of them bring something different to the table and it wouldn't be complete if one of them was missing (although Nik is missing from these shots because he's at work).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words make me grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails